Sunday, May 31, 2009

Alas I was doing so well

Ok so I have not posted in a couple of days. In my kinda defense I got my father's day present early...a 1.5TB drive plus I got a media server going so I can play video and music files on the PS3 as well as the other PC's without them having the files locally stored. Yeah I am a geek. Speaking of Geek the wife forced me to sit down and watch the first disk of the first season of the Big Bang Theory. Yeah I avoided for as long as I could ...not sure why ...maybe to just give the wife a hard time or maybe cause the show hits too close to home. I of course loved the show about 4 geeks who deal with a hot chi....a very attractive member of the opposite sex. Anyway the show is quite fun. I and my friend Jim laughed quite hard. Partly because these characters have bits and pieces that remind us of people we know or our selves. Not in a bad way, just in a way. Also because the actors just rattle the geekdom off so naturally you would swear this is how they are in real life outside of the tv world.
I could tell that the actors have real chemistry. Its funny but you can usually tell the shows where actors in a TV sitcom are just doing their thing and they don't really work well off each other. Their coversations seemed like they are reading from the script and the relationships are just scripted. With the principles in the Big Bang Theory this is not there. These characters feel very natural in a sense and the actors play off each other. Its fun to watch one try not to laugh while the others are performing. The geek banter these actors have in converstaions roll naturally off the tounge and it reminds me of conversations my friends and I have had.
All in all I enjoy the show and will be watching the rest.
I have been slow again in my video projects but I have the script for two lonely troopers completed and know what movie I want to review for the Final Cuts return. I just got to get off my butt and do them which is harder than one may think.

No comments: