Saturday, May 16, 2009

A quick thought or three

Ah so I am on the road here so this is going to be short.

Went with the family to a state park today, one of the ones with all kinds of rock formations and such to climb and such. I remember when I was younger my friend and I would spend hours climbing and exploring. I gave the boys a chance to experience the same opportunity and they did not disappoint. They explored and climbed and of course at several points went off the beaten path which I was happy to join them. We took a long trail up a huge hill that had an overlook at the very top. It was a very cool view. It was one of those epic views where you could see for 15 miles in every direction that was not blocked by the tall trees. Its funny how some so simple could be so relaxing. This is gonna sound cheesy but to see the vast landscape and all the little details, a barn here, a large cranberry field there, water towers peppered about.
I just found it fantastic and serene.
I am in the city alot because of work and have not had alot of opportunities in the past few years to enjoy nature like that. It was easy when I was kid because my grandparents had a cottage in delafield at a time when it was still considered out in the country. I have to definitely get out to nature parks more. Just the few hours in the woods and I feel like I have been recharged a bit, Not completely but definitely helped. Yes must get to nature parks more. Anyone care to join me.
Well now off to a wedding for an inlaw, at least there will be food.:)

No comments: