Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thoughts and stuff

Not a lot of things happened today outside of work being hectic again, but when hasn't it been as of late. I have begun writing the script for the next lonelytrooper episode which is good. I had hoped to have more Fae'th but Time and other things may have post poned that until Sunday or Monday.
Other than becoming more and more the disgruntled worker things are going well. Kids are looking forward to school being over and the weather has decided it is Spring. I remember that feeling as a kid ...counting the days until school was over for the summer. Nothing quite like tossing all the crap you had from the school year in the garbage and saying good bye to the school for the summer. Truely a happy feeling.
I remember one year we had locker clean out day and I scored a UHF movie poster. What are the odds huh. I still have that poster I believe somewhere. Good memories.
Sorry its been a long week and I am fried so my thoughts are just a bit random tonight.
My oldest is too smart for his own good. He was reading a book that had a theory about when the extinction of man would happen so of course he had questions. Here we worry about violence in video games and such when Science has it all there. Anyway he was convince he did not have to worry about the extinction because it was , according to the book, 10 million years from now and we probably would not be around at that time as he put it. Then he mentioned how he believed he would live a long time , he had a bit of a tone in his voice like he was trying to convince himself. So I tried to assure him he most likely would live a long time and change the subject. It's tough because when it comes to our own mortality I have issues with facing it. Not sure why but I do so to sit and try to comfort my son who seems to have a bit of a hidden fear, like I do, about death is a bit...surreal . I am sure I will learn to better accept it in the future as I get older and so hopefully will he. Being afraid of something that is unavoidable is truely not productive or worth the time but humans seem to do that, my self included. Just one of the many flaws of the human race.
On a lighter subject I am going to go see the new Trek Movie tomorrow. I rather like JJ Abhams style so I am looking forward to it...at least on one hand...on the other the Trek Fan in me is scared at just how much they messed with the series and will it be a major fail for us Trekkies. Then again anything can be better than Nemesis or Star Trek V.

No comments: