Friday, May 15, 2009

Doh again I miss with the posting

Yeah so it happened again. Funny enough is that the days I miss posting are the days that just sucked ass at work for me go figure.
I didn't end up watching Dead Snow the other night, after posting I found some other things that actually needed to get done and went to bed. Such is life. I hope to watch it in the next few days and make it my first Movie review of the return of the final cut. I also was so mentally drained I was unable to complete a Lonely tooper this week or for that matter any video projects. That's the problem with having a job where you have to use your brain. It gets tired and wants to do nothing but play Plants vs ZOmbies or just stare at the nothing.
"They look like big...strong...hands..." Sorry flashback in the form of a movie quote there. I have been able to do some more planning in my head but not spit it out in any legible form. Some would argue that my blog is in an eligible form but ....where was I ah yes.
The Movie Donkey Punch was very interesting. Not just because there is nudity in it. The movie was better than most trapped on a boat movies I have seen. I think one of the reasons it did not make it here was one all the actors are australian, or british, or to more plainly...people with thick accents.
Those movies aren't the best just because you have to concentrate to listen to the dialog and we all know the average movie audience today really doesn't like to concentrate or think about whats going on.
Anyway, yes it is about a trio of girls on Holiday, as it is called over the pond, and they meet up with four gentlemen who are crew on a massive yatch. Well the men use their large yatch to impress the girls and they go for a ride. There's alcohol, drugs and eventually a rather steamy sex scene. This is where the movie turns as during the scene someone decideds to try a donkey punch and it ends very badly and the girl involved ends up dead.
The rest of the movie is along the lines of Dead Calm as some of the group start to go crazy and the longer they delay just heading into land and facing the consequences, they stay out at sea. THis allows things to break down. You can see where the movie is going.
I will say that there were a few moments of "wow they actually did that" and there was a fair amount of suspense.
The actors are great at selling the crazy and the directing is such to where you actually care for nearly all the characters. It is a decent suspensful thriller. Worth a watch

No comments: