Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fae'th in Time...the final pages

The group gathered outside the TARDIS. The Doctor opened the door and Shaden motioned to his two fellow thieves to enter.

“I don’t see how were all going to fit in there but if you insist. “ Donna-Lé said as she and Bernard entered the TARDIS. The moment the two were inside, the Doctor put the collars on them and then returned the Time Vector Generator to its rightful spot. The control room to the TARDIS was once again at its larger size. Julie and Shaden entered as the Doctor stepped out.

“Excuse me there is something I need to take care of.” The Doctor said as he drew his sonic screwdriver. The Doctor walked away before the other two could ask what he was going to do. He walked over to the Rani’s TARDIS which was still disguised as a pillar. He pointed the screwdriver at the machine when there was a flash of blue light and the Rani appeared between him and her TARDIS.

“Oh no you don’t” The Rani stated as she pushed a surprised Doctor to the ground. He grabbed her right boot but she managed to pull it out from his grip. She ran for the entrance to her TARDIS as Draconis burst through the front of the Palace. The Doctor scrambled to his feet ran to his TARDIS. Both machines dematerialized as Draconis shot a massive stream of fire out at both time machines. He roared in frustration and slammed his fists down, creating two large craters in the stone steps of the palace.

“Well that went well don’t you think?” The Doctor stated with a smile.

“You know I think your definition of well and mine are a bit different chief but I will say it could have gone worse. “ Shaden replied as walked over to a coat rack he did not remember seeing before. The Doctor answered Shaden’s unasked question about the rack.

“Oh I had that brought out especially for you. I thought you might enjoy looking at them.” Then the Doctor walked over to Julie.

“I am sorry I did not get to you sooner. Let me look at that cut.” The Doctor softly said as he looked Julie’s wound.

“Oh it’s just a scratch really Doctor. As far as the speed of my rescue, I knew you would come eventually. You always do.” She said as she smiled that smile that the Doctor enjoyed seeing. They stood there and shared a quiet moment. It did not last long as Shaden yelled from over by the coat rack.

“So what do you think, Chief?”

The Doctor and Julie turned to see Shaden wearing a black duster that seemed to fit him quite nicely. He spun around in place once for the Doctor and Julie to get the full affect, also Shaden liked how the jacket bellowed as he spun.

“I must say you do look quite dashing in it.” Julie said with a bit of a chuckle. Shade bowed in her direction.

“Why thank you m’lady?”

“Ah yes I remember that jacket, I have three or four others just like it. I picked them up from a little shop on the edge of the galaxy. The makers claim that it will never wear, fade or tear. It can withstand temperatures hotter than the sun and I have yet found a weapon that could penetrate it. Well there was one weapon that could but unless you plan on visiting Centrax 7 I think you will be safe in it.” The Doctor said as he leaned against the console. Shaden’s eyes got large. He went over to the Doctor to shake his hand.

“Thanks Doctor. I don’t tell many people that but you definitely deserve it.”

Shaden looked over at the console as the cylinder in the middle slowed and there was the sound of the TARDIS coming to a stop.

“I guess this is where we get off.” Shaden stated as he walked over to Julie. The thief moved a piece of her hair from in front of her face and looked deep into her eyes. There were two small tears trailing down her face and her eyes were full of water.

“Oh Dollface don’t cry. I wish we have more time too. Of all the times, in all the places, in all the universe, you had to come into mine. But see you gotta stay on this ship because if you stayed with me, you may not regret it tomorrow, or next week, or next year but someday you would and I don’t want to be the reason for that.” Shaden said as he touched her chin. He then turned to his two partners in crime who were still in a daze and moved them towards the door. The Doctor came over to Julie and put his arm around her.

“I didn’t think you cared for him that much my dear,” he commented as the two watched Shaden move Bernard out the door.

“I don’t actually, but the fumes coming from him made my eyes burn. Seriously can we go throw him in a shower, or bath, or say a river.” Julie said with a chuckle as she wiped here eyes. The Doctor got a look on his face as if he just remembered something and went through a door in the back of the control room. He emerged again just as Shaden had gotten Donna-Lé through the door.

“Here you are Shade, payment for you and your partners.” The Doctor said as he placed a hand sized pouch in the thief’s hand. He bounced the bag in his hand and smiled.

“On behalf of my partners I thank you. I also personally thank you. See I had spent the money from the last two jobs on one wild night with these two cat wo…” Shaden stopped as the Doctor looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He looked over at Julie who had her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

“Take care Blue Eyes,” Shaden said with a wave to Julie and quickly he gave the Doctor a big hug. The thief broke the embrace as fast as he had given it, “Sorry... Anyway safe travels Doctor. I don’t have many people I can truly call my friends but you and Julie can count yourselves as ones.”

Shaden exited the TARDIS and the second he closed the door, the TARDIS began to dematerialize. When the TARDIS had completely disappeared Shaden pulled out the sonic screwdriver he had just stolen from the Doctor and gave it a little flip in his hand. That’s when heard the sound of the TARDIS rematerialize behind him. The door to the TARDIS opened and a hand appeared from it with its palm open. Shaden placed the screwdriver into the hand which disappeared back into the TARDIS, followed by the slam of the door. Shaden chuckled to himself as the TARDIS once again disappeared into time and space. He then turned to his companions and removed their collars. Before they could say anything, Shaden put his arms around both of them.

“Can you believe that guy and his girl, knocked us out, disappeared and stiffed us our money.”

“You’re putting me on” Bernard said.

“The Doctor and Julie, really?” Donna-Lé asked. Shaden just shrugged his shoulders as if to say ‘it happens’. He led them towards town as they started to walk.

“I know but hey we had one hell of an adventure, ay. How about I buy you guys a drink on me.”

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

“So where to now Doctor.” Julie asked as she took a seat on the love seat she had been on before. The Doctor checked a small monitor on the console and then flipped a couple switches before he turned towards Julie.

“I was thinking we go could go after the Rani.” He said with a smile.

“What? How?” Julie asked as she got up and walked over to the Doctor.

“ Slipped a small tracking beacon to her boots when she knocked me over. The TARDIS is working on locating it now.” The Doctor stated as he leaned against the console with his all knowing smile on his face.

“You think the TARDIS can find the Rani Doctor?” Julie asked.

“It’s her specialty.” The Doctor replied.



FIN


Thank you to any and all who have actually followed my little story. I know there are grammar errors and spelling errors abound but that's why I am going to be drafting it again to tighten it up. Please message me or e-mail or leave in the comment section of this post feedback, likes, dislikes and if you would like a copy of it when I am finished. I plant on posting a new story soon so stay tuned. In meantime I am actually working on a script of a movie I hope to shoot with in the next year. I have made some progress on it...not much but a start.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure why yet but the final TARDIS scene seems abrupt, as if it needed a different final line or something. Perhaps I've watched too many 80s cartoons and was looking for a joke to wrap things up with so that opinion may not mean much. Might need to ponder it a bit yet.

Still, a rollicking adventure indeed!

MovieMan said...

I could cut the final TARDIS scene right out and leave it with the Buy a drink on me ...cause he has their pay and all that. It didn't quite fit for me either. I may just cut it out and leave it with them heading into town.
But was it an enjoyable rollicking adventure lol.