Monday, June 22, 2009

Dog on Pixar and stuff

Gonna keep it short. Been missing alot of days this month but it has been a busy month. In any case went to see UP with the little one , Ethan, today. His brother had seen it over the weekend. Eric was at his friends for a sleep over and they went to see the movie...he said it was kinda good and kinda not. This is because he was a kid, UP is definitely made for grown ups in mind as well as kids. Pixar once again does that excellent balance and walk that fine line of making a movie with mature enough elements that grown ups really get it and enough elements for the kids to laugh at the animals.
Now I am sure many have read the critic reviews and all and know the first 10 mins or so of the picture...might be less but who is counting minutes when you are watching... and the montage sequence that pretty well sets up the main character. I admit I got a little watery eyed which doesn't really happen to me at movies. This one some how got to me in spite of myself. That's how I knew Pixar had another winner on their hands.
Pixar still puts out the best animated material out there. Though Dreamworks is close behind. They mostly have the Shrek franchise which unfortunately they have run into the ground. They are showing promise though with their most recent pic Monsters vs Aliens. That was near Pixar level. I really enjoyed that one as well though they did more of the 3D schticks that you see in a 3D movie , still Monsters vs Aliens did make me laugh out loud more times than expected which is good thing...at least for me not sure if the other audiences liked it.
Anyway if they are still in theatres go see both movies. Better than most of the remakes and sequels and Comedies that have come out this year. Hell even some of the Dramas don't match up to UP and aren't nearly as funny as Monsters vs Aliens. I hear the Hangover is quite good but its not exactly kid friendly, even if it does have a baby in it.

No comments: