Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family videos and such

I was rather tired last night by the time things wound down on our first day to post so I figured I take a moment quick and post this morning. This is the first family vacation where I took a video camera along. Which is weird considering I am a video head. My problem with shooting family videos is 1) since your behind the camera your not always right in on the action sometimes and 2)Its a family video. The movie guy in me can't just shoot whats going on. I am looking for interesting angles to shoot things at or try to shoot it as a narrative to the point of trying to get the kids to enter the building then have them go out and come in again so I have an outside shot of them going into the building and then the shot of them coming in and continuing on.
I try to fight it but I can't. Just the video guy in me or something. Also the fact its a family video and once transfered to DVD will probably be watched once every so often or when we want to humiliate the kids when they are teens.
Anyway coming to a home theater near me will be our GreenBay Vacation 2009: The Brothers Krawczyk Attack.
Today we head to "the Zoo". Can't wait to shoot them getting eatin by a goat.

No comments: