Tuesday, June 16, 2009

damn my hair is too short to pull out.

SO I wanted to post some pages from a story I started but abandoned about 3 years ago, but it appears Blogger and MS word do not get along when it comes to formatting. Never mind the fact that the Blogger editor it self doesn't like to keep the formatting I tell it to use when I retype it into the compose window. I think this thing hates me. I am working on a another way to post but it may involve dusting off the old HTML knowledge which is really rusty.
Anyway 1st day back from vacation and I wish I could say that I was re energized and ready to sally forth into the work routine with new vigor. But I can't because I am not. Still same old same old. Don't get me wrong vacation was great but it did not help me look at my job in a different light.
I had a great time with the family in Green Bay except for the driving. As some of my friends can attest too, I do care much for driving in the larger cities anymore. Fine call me a pansy, wuss, what have you but I just don't like it. I thought there were crazy drivers here in cow hump wisconsin but when you get into the city its increased by a factor of 10. I think I would be a little less bothered by the driving if it was just me but the fact I have the kids and wife in the car make me a bit more cautious. I use to be a more agressive driver or at least concerned driver when I lived in Milwaukee but not so much now.
What also through me off were the roads in Green Bay. That town was a bit tough to naivgate in if you did not stay to one of the three highways that cut through town. Course it didn't help that one of the bridges was closed and there was construction taking you on detours. Then the maps printed off the internet weren't exactly correct either. Big surprise I know.
I am usually very good at navigating but damned if the city didn't challenge me. Guess I just don't get out enough or something. I just had a tough time getting through that town when it didn't involve the main roads. Ah well everyone made it home fine which is the important part.
I am compiling in my head the events of the past three days and thinking of putting the account here for all to see, for those who might possibly be interested that is.
My goals for this week are to get some pages posted of the new fiction I am writing, A lonely trooper episode posted, a Final Cut episode posted, and work on the script. A tall order but I think it is doable. I do have my 2nd job this week but its only till 9 at night so I have time afterward. I may have to do this take time off thing again sometime. It was rather nice.

No comments: