Thursday, June 18, 2009

On a roll, 100th post

SIDES by Mark Krawczyk



Ah and so here it is. I am only 400 behind my good friend the Doctor. I would spend time reflecting on the blogs of old but the old montage show is just so played.
Some sappy song like "Through the years" by Kenny Rogers and...oh dear lord did I just make a Kenny Rogers reference. I feel so dirty now.
Anyway I did update the sides web page with a few more pages of writing for any curious folks.
Its been a good run and I have somethings on the horizon I plan on sticking to. So since this is a blog lets talk about my day

I ate three meals.
Went to the bathroom.
Went to work.
Worked my ass off
Drove in my car home.
Made Blt's
and currently I am writing a blog on Blogger. I am writing this Blog about it being the 100th Blog. In it I mention about my day. I will give you the highlights
see I talk about eating three meals a day, going to the bathroom and working, and some other things like my friend Doc who has like 500 blog postings. You should check it out.

Wow I need to follow my son's advice when says.

"Stop Staring into the Future."

Whats funny is one could get philosophical about it if one wanted too.

Anyway I quoted Clue the movie today and it got me thinking about that movie and it still makes me laugh. I think thats why I consider it a classic comedy, just like Blazing Saddles and Young Frankstein (that's frankenschtein). Those are three movies that I have fairly memorized and when I watch them I laugh my ass off. Litereally not a pretty sight but Duck Tape fixes everything.
Actually I think these movies are even funnier now because I anticipate the jokes. I find my self laughing before the joke is played. The jokes don't really get old to me. Now some people may disagree but these jokes in these movies stand the test of time and are very often quoted. Much like Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Clerks and Clerks II. These comedies sit up there with the classics of the Marx brothers and yes I shall even envoke the Three Stooges. Which gets me to my point,yes I did have one.
DON"T REMAKE THESE CLASSICS.
Not that Hollywood would listen to me. They are after making a movie based on Battleship.
I am too late in this matter though. Yes Virginia they are making thinking of remaking Clue and it has been greenlighted , THE THREE STOOGES. Nothing is truely sacred they even have a cast. No its not Seth Rogen as Larry, Steve Carell as Moe, and Anthony Anderson as Curly. no no instead of this group of talented comedians who I think would actually make this remake tolerable They have
prepare yourselves
Sean "I have done nothing but drama most of my career" Penn as Larry.
Benicio Del "Yeah I have done even more drama then Sean Penn" Toro as Moe.
and
Jim "I am one of the skinnest comedians out there who needs a new boost in his career" Carrey...who I am assuming will be in a fat suit.

I shit you not ...its on IMDB ---> Say it aint so Moe!

Why why why why why would they they risk choosing two drama boys who decided to stretch their acting chops to be such classic characters as the Larry and Moe. And Jim carrey, while he is a talented comedian, is about the skinnest guy in hollywood to play the large source of comedy Curly. I mean whats next a movie about Monopoly the board game...Oh Dear god no

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reportedly Sean Penn dropped out of the movie.

And don't knock Monopoly... :)