Saturday, June 20, 2009

Just another Saturday...and some more sides

SIDES by Mark Krawczyk


I updated the page for Sides...for the curious. I may actually get ambitious and dust off the old HTML editing and come up with a whole like site for Sides. I have some great ideas just need to relearn things. Though everything now is in Java, I am not looking to go that fancy...yet. Also wrote a couple pages on the script and am putting together my thoughts for a music video. I hope tomorrow to record a final cut episode and script out the next LT. Yeah sounds like a lot but I am finding I work better with self applied pressure than just goin eh. I am so far able to keep the projects seperate but it is fairly easy considering each is unique.

I did watch PotC:The Curse of the Black Pearl again today. Not sure why, probably because I enjoy that movie alot. Alot more than I should for a disney film but it is such a fun adventure film that I can't help but enjoy it. What does help is Johnny Depp's character that had definitely become a classic character already, Capt. Jack Sparrow. You can tell that this is a character Johnny loved playing, even if you didn't watch the interviews where he said he loved playing the character. Sparrow is supposed to be the bad guy, and he is a bad guy who lies, cheats, steals, double crosses his way through life but you can't help but cheer for him when he succeeds in escaping and feel bad for him an his terrible luck. That's why he is such a great character that truely could only be played by Johnny Depp who really helped carry the movie. Sure they had a great supporting cast and effects and real pirate ships, etc but what people come to the movie for the most is Capt. Jack. Johnny just can't help but steal every scene he is in with that character. I also think he had one of the greatest entrances that a character could have. In the first two minutes we see of Capt Jack, he says one line while bailing his sinking ship but by the time he has reached the dock we know exactly what kind of character he is. From how he holds himself to his attitude towards the dead priates hanging at the entrance of the cove, you can tell at least a little of what is in store for this character. I mean he is sailing into harbor on a sinking ship yet you would think he had the best vessel in the sea by how he handles the situation.

Sorry really didn't have much of a point other than that characters like Captain Jack aren't as easy to find in the movies of today. It is refreshing when you do get one. I hope to be able to write a part like that for a talented actor who will be able to sell the part like that. But only time will tell.


No comments: