Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Workaholic note

Yes its been a long week but today is my Friday, I know its Thursday but I took tomorrow off so this is the last work day of the week.Well ok theoretically it is. I most likely will check my work e-mail twice tomorrow and message my co-work "how's it going, anything going on, anyone looking for me."
What can I say I am a work a holic...another thing that tends to cut into my doing projects mostly because even though I may leave work my mind has a harder time of leaving work at work. Then I become mentally exhausted and well a bit lazy. The term Burnout comes to mind which would probably be most fitting for how I feel at the end of the day. Also the fact that my job requires me to use my brain doesn't help. It keeps it interesting to be sure but its a whole different way of thinking than the free flow of creative thought I use when working on my projects.
I realized I had only taken one full day off since January so it was about time for another one. I have more than enough days to burn. The fact that I have a 2nd job helps in my workaholism. Feeds the flame so to speak. I am working at trying to leave work at work but alas it has not gone well....I am getting better to be sure but its still tough.
On a side note I did get the script for the next lonely trooper done and hope to record it during my day off. Hell I may record two and work on writing or I may veg in front of some illuminated monitor . At least its not work

No comments: