Sunday, June 14, 2009

English be damned

Ok so my grammar is far from perfect as is my spelling. I apologize to all for this but I believe it is genetic. My parents were not exactly english majors. I am far from one. I should probably go back to school for it, that is if I think I could actually make a living with my writing or videos for that matter. That is still my dream job. I would love to have video production as my main job, but unfortunately a number of factors enter into that option that make me realize it is a dream that will have to wait.
Until then I shall subject people to my videos on you tube for free. Perhaps I will post on facebook as well, who knows. I would love to be a writer as well but, as people have seen, my English writing is not so good.
But enough about that, lets talk about birds.
I had a rather close encounter with one on Saturday. Real close. Like on top of my head close.
See we were at Bay Beach amusement park enjoying an ice cream snack. When we were done we decided to head inside the common building where the restrooms were so the kids could wash off the stickiness from their summertime treat. On our way to the building, I saw a bird flying very low along the bushes. It waited until I was just heading up the stairs before it flew at me. It was at head level and got three feet from me before it decided to go back into a tree. I waited for the family to catch up and as they got to me the bird had returned. It flew low towards me and then landed in a bush in front of me. I went up to it to say a few words to it when I felt something scratch and slap my head. I ducked down in time to see a red wing blackbird fly off into a tree. The bird had divebombed my head and got close enough to smack me with its wings. It was a bit traumatic. Since that time we have joked about the birds having it out for me. At the sanctuary and the zoo. Even the high flying seagull seemed to have their eye on me. Kinda creepy.
Anyway when I return to the Batcave I will be posting pages of a story I have been working on for a while, a long while. Too long actually. I hope you all will enjoy. Is it something I would like to see published, you bet, one of my dreams. But before that would happen I would probably have to go back to school for English lessons. Also work my ass off at it alot harder. Same could be said for the video work.
Such is life. For now I shall try an enjoy my day off from work, tough to do when you are a workaholic, and spend time with the Brothers Krawczyk and da wife.

No comments: