Thursday, January 8, 2009

Theatrical Thursday: um ok

SO it is another day. I had a good day today. Not so much at work but at home. I completed a lonely trooper episode and am looking forward to posting more Time in Fae'th tomorrow. BTW the nachos were excellent.

I figured thursday is a good day to talk about my favorite subject of Movies.
One in particular I just saw was Hancock.
Now I will not give away spoilers but I will tell you DO NOT BELIEVE the trailer. Again this movie I think would have done loads better had they promoted it differently. It is a superhero story with a more serious side than what all the initial promos seemed to push. They made it seem more tounge in cheek when in reality it covers subject similar to those seen in Iron Man. I also think the movie could have gone a half hour longer. I know it sounds weird but there seemed like they could have even gone further into Will Smith's character as well as just give more depth to the story as a whole.
I do recommend this film and think it is a good superhero movie. One of the better ones in fact, but it could have been so much better I think. The producers I think were trying to go for the quick and flashy and instead of the deep and thoughtful superhero movie. All in all a good film and definitely worth the rental at least.
Just could have been so much more.

No comments: