Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Look up in the sky....

You know no one looks up anymore and I think they should. Now before the wiseass remarks come in , I am not talking about looking up when driving, or walking, or operating heavy machinery etc. I am talking about at times say on your break if you are able to go outside or even when leaving work.
I try to do this everytime I leave work. Its amazing how relaxing it is. Especially on sunny days...not so much on rainy days but still. We plow ahead through life constantly looking forward, gotta get to the car, gotta get home, etc. I think we get tunnel vision and forget how big the world out there really is and how small our part is.
I am sure I have written about this subject before but I felt like bringing it up again because of how stressful things have become at my job as of late. I come out of the building still wound up by the days events but if I just stop , look up and at times take a deep breath, much of the day melts away.
Anyway I just wanted to say that maybe everyone should just stop and not smell the roses but instead look up. Unless its high noon in which case you may want to wear your shades before you do it.

No comments: