Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yeah Spring time is the time for illness

Sorry I have not posted more about my weekend last weekend but time flies especially when half the family is sick and your working more hours at your second job. After a week my wife finally was 95% over the flu and the little one Ethan is well on his way to recovery as well. Then it was my turn. I have been sick the last day or so. On the plus side it was a stomach bug which tends to run its most severe course in 24 hours. Bad news was it was a stomach bug which meant me and the bathroom became really good friends. Anyway It seems as though it has run its course for the most part and I should be good by tomorrow.

So anyway... where were we.

Ah yes over week ago now but the Midwest Gaming Classic was alot of fun. I got there and my wallet immediately started to shake and the plastic wanted to run. So many retro games and gaming systems to buy from the vendors. It was impressive and I got to relive memories from my childhood. Got to play some pinball machines from the 50's which was cool especially the part where it took me a minute to realize that it was so old you had to manually eject your ball into the launch tube.
Then I played dig dug, A game I had not played in ages. It was very cool. I didn't stay too long because I was meeting up with my dad for Lunch. I get to see him about two or three times a year and being so close to Milwaukee I figured it was a good time to get together. While waiting for him back at the hotel more of the Wrestling Karma attacked as A&E just finished showing a documentary on Hulk Hogan and right behind it a documentary on Andre the Giant. I realized I was soo meant to go to wrestling that night.
So Dad arrived and we had a very delicious lunch at CHili's. We then decided to drive around to our old haunts. We had a family cottage in the area a number of years ago and wondered how much had changed there. We knew of the changes already near oconomowoc since I was staying in a hotel that was built on land that was a cabbage field when I was a kid.
Anyway we traveled around and were surprised to see the old cottage still looked pretty much the same. IT had a new roof and some asthetic changes but on the whole it was like I remembered it. The shed even had the same shade of stain that we put on it when I was young. That made my dad and I feel better. Its nice to know not everything changed.
Then we got back to the room and talked more as I messed with the 35"LCD and tried to get the laptop connected to it. I actually was successful thanks to the internet and on line manuals for the TV.
Anyway we said our good byes and soon Doc picked me up for Wrestling. It had been years since I had been to a live wrestling match so I was looking forward to it. Plus all the wrestling shows before had stoked the fire more. We get to the parking lot of the Waukesha expo grounds and I had flash backs to when we saw the Weird AL concert there. That was the last time I had been there. So I meet up with one of Docs friends. After talking for a couple minutes he asks where in point I lived. Which was strange since he is in Milwaukee. So I told him and he said "Yeah I know that area, My friend Sean lives near there."
Which led to me asking "Sean who"
Replied "Sean Wall" Which immediately popped a light on in my head. I knew I knew the name but not sure how. When the gentleman followed it up with "YEah I am good friends with Sean and his wife CIndy"
To which I exclaim "Georgenson"
Turns out he is friends with Cindy and Sean. Cindy was an old friend of mine from High school. Talk about a small world. Anyway soon more of the crew showed up and thus we had entered the fray.
My good friend Doc has an excellent account of the nights wrestling activities. You can check it out there. To sum up for me IT was fun, love the smell of Marker and of course the Lenny Lane army is in full effect.
Anyway after the match we froze our asses off having a great discussion on how wrestling has changed and such. It was an hour and a half long and involved at one point someone getting hit with the chair twice.
It was a fun time by all and it was only day one.
Day two really was more pinball, video games and meeting up with fellow friends. Debating on what to buy and what to skip. I also learned how to play Quake which, to the surprise of my friend Alex, I had never played before. Well maybe once but still.
Headed home that day with an excellent weekend behind me though a chunk of me missed the family and had wished I had brought them. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just saw this was up today. Not sure how I missed it. I'll blame it on my sickness.

Hi!