Monday, March 23, 2009

A weekend with a bit of everything part 1 Fraking fate

I had a good time this weekend. It was a trip I was looking forward to for a while. I headed by myself to O-knock-o-moe-wok for the midwest gaming classic. I tried to do a road video about my adventure this weekend but had too much fun participating to get behind the camera to observe. Still got some good stuff on the way down that I will be posting on Youtube. There will also be a video that all my friends could laugh at, but nothing wrong with that.
On the way down I saw just about everything you could see on a trip. First there was the fog. The night before it snowed an inch, yes on the first day of spring "Welcome to Wisconsin, have a brat and beer." So there was fog...and I am not talking like light haze. I am talking Steven King Mist/John Carpenter FOG type of fog. I was waiting for some dead guys or really large locust to jump out at the car.
The fog did claim one car though. I saw a car that had to have rolled at least twice. The paramedics, cops and fire department were on the scene. No tarps but a couple of girls who were really shaken up. Then there were icy roads until the sun came up in which they were just wet.
I get to the interchange where 39 hooks up with 94 and I watch as this white car enters the freeway and is in my lane. The car next to him is going the same speed, the car infront of me goes to a complete stop and cuts across three lanes of traffic to barely make the other ramp he meant to get to I guess all along. Lucky I was a couple blocks behind so I had time to slow.
Anyway get to the hotel room. IT was cozy. Then this thing called karma or fate or whatever you want to call it kicks in.
I have a little time before the Midwest Gaming Classic started so I turn on the TV, 35" LCD very nice, anyway they just happen to be showing on ESPN classic an old AWA match from 1986 that had Scott Hall and someone named sunshine I think. Anyway, this was freaky because Saturday night I was going to a wrestling match that had...you guessed it Scott Hall in it. After that match was a 6 man tag even but I had to get to the classic so I didn't watch any of it. Still kinda weird.
On to the Midwest Gaming classic. I am going to stop here. I plan on writing alot more tomorrow. The wife has the flu something fierce and I need to get the kids ready for bed...more to come