Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Off to a great start

Well New Month and already missed a day of blogging. Course yesterday I did work my second job but I had enough time to write. Instead I blew up germans with a friend of mine via Company of Heroes and then spent time playing Carnival Mini Golf with my wife. So I guess I have a bit of an excuse...mini excuse. Anyway.
Got the last hit of football until Fall. Sure there is arena football but that's like football lite. Speaking of Lite the Super Bowl commercials this year were a bit lower key again as they have been the last few years. Mostly car commercials. A couple of eh commercials, the Go Daddy commercials which now just go out of their way to be titillating (note to self go to GoDaddy.com to see commercial conclusions) Anyway, the one that really stood out for me was the doritos contest winner. The one with the Crystal Ball/Snow globe. I will admit did not see that one coming and I did laugh out loud at that one. Nice back story to it , the guys who submitted it for the contest were two out of work guys who managed to scrap up two thousand dollars from friends and family. They won the grand prize of a million dollars. That just makes that commercial all the better.
The BOSS and the e-street Band were a decent super bowl show. It was as good I think as the one last year. The rolling stones one which some magazine put up as one of the top ten super bowl performances IMHO sucked ass. The audio was horrible Jagger barely moved and well...anyway I still remember the worst super bowl show to me was when they were promoting Indiana Jones the Ride. IT was awful as they tried to do this action type play and ... still burned into my head.
I also remember the one where they tried to do Bullet time on a stadium level. That just did not work. The performance was good as it was the nsync, aerosmith, Britney Spears and about four other performers singing fairly well. This was pre poparazzi psycho britney.I think she was only 17 at the time. Though there was a law about Steven Tyler being that close to a teenage girl.. anyway that one was good.
On the whole the game was fun to watch, just like last years. always better when the game isn't like a total defense game where the score is like 7 to 3 but also better than when one team is just crushing the other team. Although I would have liked to see the Cardinals pull it out I guess it was not meant to be.
Anyway gonna work on a william story tomorrow.
Hope everyone like how Fae'th is going. Working on more pages for Friday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the last halftime show I watched was Prince. Most of them are dull, boring, and tedious.

This year we watched Cure videos until my buddy's internal timer went off. He clicked over 'just to check' as they were kicking off for the second half. Outstanding!