Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall is definitely here

Well fall came like a bat out of hell. But it usually does for Wisconsin so its not a big surprise. The leaves turned all kinds of fantastic colors which makes this place a very pretty place to live for a couple weeks before the colorful leaves decide to leave their planet tree to explore the ground that is my lawn. Its not that I do not mind raking, its a normal part of this time of year when you leave in a city that has a large amount of trees, its just the amount of raking that needs to be done.
It would be nice if the trees dropped all their leaves at once like the one tree in our backyard. One day the tree will have all of its color, the next you find the leaves all decided they had had enough and commited mass suicide, leaving the tree looking like a skinny naked old man. Wow that's a visual I didn't need. Anyway the rest of the tress around here aren't so nice, in fact they are cruel. You could rake all the leaves off your lawn mid day and by night fall they will let just enough leaves go so that it looks as if you never raked.
Don't take it like I am a lawn fanatic, I am not by a long shot, just ask my buddy Jim or the Wife. I do like having the feeling of accomplishment and the trees dropping their leaves in small batches really puts the kabosh on this feeling.
Soon snow will be here and I will be cursing myself for never taking the free snowblower that doesn't work in to have it looked at.
Snow is alot like the fall leaves. You could shovel your walk free of snow and clear of ice and you turn around to put your shovel or unbroken snowblower away and find a fine layer of snow covering where you just shoveled. Guess its the price you pay for living in midwest, but I can't imagine myself living anywhere else. Its worth the price.

No comments: