Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Things I learned while on a School Field Trip to Mt Olympus.

- I no longer Tan. I burn. I use to tan when I was younger. I mean hardly ever burned. Now I burn. We has spray on sunblock and I used it all on Son#1 through out the day.  Better he not burn than me.

- All new pop rock songs for some reason have a repeating phrase such as "Just come on and come on " or "na na na " whatever. I mean every single song is like the artist has a stutter. I also could tell which were the popular songs as all the 5th graders new the words course fifth grade girls singing Rihanas S&M radio edit is a bit disturbing.

- It is legal to sell a single bottle of beer for 7 dollars in Wisconsin WTF

- Did I mention I sunburn now.

- That Mt Olympus truly does mean No Carry Ins. They searched every kids bag and pulled any food or beverage items from their bags. I mean they pulled it all. Full lunches to sodas to juice boxes.  We did have a lunch ticket as part of the field trip that entitled us to a hot dog and bun with a small cup of soda and some potato chips. Heat Index of a hundred and they were pulling kid's beverages.

- Apparently Lazy river means run with the tube through the Lazy river over and over again as fast as you can. Or form a Lazy river blockade with two tubes so no one can pass. LAZY RIVER means to just float and possibly fall as sleep.

- Green screen Photos as well as videos are the norm now in every place in The Dells.

- Did I mention I sun burn now instead of tan.

3 comments:

Amie T. said...

I learned you a Rockstar among fieldtrip dads and kick butt at "spot the kid in the wavepool" game.

They should pay parents to drink beer on days like today.

Jill said...

I asked him why he didn't buy more sunblock: "I'm not paying THIRTY FREAKING DOLLARS FOR SUNBLOCK!!!"

Anonymous said...

I was there to today!!! it was outragous how many waterbottles they took!!! I had 2 in my bag one from my mom and then another that our teachers handed out on the bus do we WOULDNT get dehydrated, they took both of them. They took my friends box of nerds, granola bars, and fruit snacks!